Seeking A Skilled Miami Plastic Surgeon? Here’s What To Look For.
The choice to undergo plastic surgery is not one to be taken lightly. There are many significant implications of undertaking cosmetic surgery including the physical, emotional, and financial investments involved. Once a patient decides to ultimately begin the process, there are still many considerations he or she must contemplate. Arguably the most critical decision when having a cosmetic procedure is selecting the surgeon. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey LaGrasso understands the overwhelming amount of options available to men and women in Miami, FL, and is committed to providing an unmatched level of patient service and care from education through to recovery and final results.
What matters most in selecting a plastic surgeon in Miami, FL?
There is no single factor that matters more than the others when it comes to choosing a doctor to perform your cosmetic procedure, but rather it is the collective picture of a surgeon that should be considered as a whole. Some of the critical things to evaluate regarding the doctor himself when looking for the best Miami plastic surgeon include:
- Education and training: It is relatively easy to find any doctor’s CV, which includes information regarding their education and training, online. Most are posted on the doctor’s and/or practice’s website or on a third-party website. Look for your potential surgeon to have attended a prestigious medical school and completed their training with a reputable and highly acclaimed program.
- Certifications: One of the most sought-after qualifications of a surgeon by men and women seeking a cosmetic procedure is that the doctor is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Again, check your doctor’s website to make sure that he or she boasts this distinct and highly regarded certification.
- Professional memberships: Another feature to look for in a candidate to perform your specific plastic surgery procedure is how involved he or she is in their field of study. Oftentimes, doctors who belong to multiple professional organizations, sit on boards, and are active in teaching and education are more in tune with the latest developments in technology, techniques, and products within their fields.
How can I tell if a surgeon can accomplish my goals?
While the training and accolades of your plastic surgeon are important considerations, it is equally important to also research your potential doctor’s experience with a particular procedure that you may be interested in. Whether it is breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, or a Brazilian butt lift, make sure to consider the following:
- Photos: One of the best ways to find out if a surgeon may be able to help you achieve your goals is to look through their photos. Most doctors’ websites include before and after photo galleries that are organized by procedure. Try to focus on photos of patients who are a similar age and have a similar body type to your own. This can help you see what your potential results may look like and can also give you an idea of a surgeon’s particular style, skill, and artistry.
- Reviews: As with almost any product or service available these days, you can find a multitude of reviews online to help you make a more informed decision on how you want to proceed. When reading a surgeon’s reviews, make sure to carefully consider all of the information regarding not just the results but also the patients’ overall experience with the doctor, the staff, and the facility. Helpful reviews can be found both on the practice’s website as well as on third-party websites.
- Office and facility: While the surgeon is ultimately the one who will be performing your procedure, it is important that you also be comfortable with the facility, medical team, and office staff to ensure the best possible experience from day one. Dr. LaGrasso spares no expense in providing patients with a comfortable, private, and friendly environment in his Miami, FL office, with ultramodern technologies to enhance their preoperative, surgical, and postoperative care. Dr. LaGrasso’s team is also proud to be able to provide comprehensive care to bilingual patients with many Spanish-speaking office and medical team members on site at our Miami facility.
How should I get started in finding the best plastic surgeon in Miami?
Once you have done all of your research, browsed a plastic surgeon’s photos and reviews, and contemplated your options carefully, it may be time to schedule an initial consultation to help you make your final decision. During this appointment, Dr. LaGrasso will take all of the time necessary to evaluate your case, discuss your goals, explain your options in detail, and recommend a procedure or treatment plan to best meet your needs. This is also the time for you to ask any and all questions that you may have about the surgery itself, all of which Dr. LaGrasso will answer thoroughly and completely.
Call our convenient Miami, FL office to schedule your consultation today, and learn more about how world-renowned board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey LaGrasso, can help you achieve your goals, boost your confidence, and enhance your life through cutting-edge cosmetic surgery.