Three Things to Know Before Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift
With celebrities like Kim Kardashian skyrocketing to fame due to their hourglass figures and ample buttocks, many people have started to consider undergoing a Brazilian butt lift (BBL). In fact, the BBL has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures requested in the United States. In this blog, we will explore the things you should know before getting a Brazilian butt lift.
Are you thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift? If so, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey LaGrasso at Jeffrey LaGrasso MD in Miami, FL. He will meet with you to discuss what you can expect from a BBL so you can determine if cosmetic surgery is the right choice for your needs.
Three things about a BBL
Below are the three things to consider before undergoing a Brazilian butt lift:
- A BBL is two procedures in one. During a Brazilian butt lift, you will undergo liposuction that targets unwanted fat cells in your back, abdomen, or flanks. The extracted fat is then processed and reinjected into your buttocks. You can gain a flatter stomach and a reduction of fat in unwanted areas while gaining a more robust butt.
- The BBL gives you remarkably natural results because your own fat cells are used. You do not have to face the dangers and unnatural appearance of implants. Instead, your body's fat cells are used to create a rounder rear end. The fat cells not only look natural, but they feel natural. They also move nicely. Butt implants usually give an unnatural appearance, unlike a BBL, which is natural looking.
- When undergoing a BBL, you’ll gain a larger, firmer backside that not only looks natural but also feels real, unlike implants.
What are the benefits of a BBL?
A Brazilian butt lift can provide you with the curves you are dreaming about and can’t achieve by hitting the gym.
The benefits of a BBL include:
- Creates improved proportions
- Offers a better shape
- Feels natural
- Reduces cellulite appearance
- Safer than implants
- No risk of physical rejection
- Tones and slims certain areas of your body, such as your abdomen
All about the BBL
During your consultation with Dr. LaGrasso in Miami, FL, he will evaluate the areas where the fat will be obtained to determine if you have enough fat cells. Each location must have enough fat cells to remove and relocate to your rear end to effectively lift the area. Often multiple donor sites must be used to harvest enough fat cells.
After harvesting the fat cells, a closed sterile system is used to prevent the fat cells from being exposed to the air. The process helps ensure that the fat cells remain pure and safe for reinjection to the buttocks. The tissue is sterilized, and the fat is separated from any damaged tissue. The fat is then reintroduced into the buttocks in lesser amounts to ensure successful layering, which gives smooth results.
A BBL is performed as an outpatient procedure. During the process, general anesthesia is used. Typically, the procedure will last two hours, but the time does vary depending on the number of donor sites used and how much fat is required to provide you with the results you seek.
Following a BBL, you’ll probably experience soreness for 2 – 5 days. You should not put any weight on the treatment area for 2 – 3 weeks to ensure the survival of the transferred fat. You’ll start to notice your final results in 6 – 8 weeks.
Schedule a Brazilian butt lift consultation in Miami, FL
If you would like to learn more about what to expect before, during, and after a Brazilian butt lift, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey LaGrasso in Miami, FL. He will sit down with you to answer any questions or concerns you might have about a BBL. Contact us today to learn more.